Friday, October 25, 2019

Week # 11: Brain Dump

Writing just what is going on in your mind is a crazy and disorganized process.  Right now I have had a tension headache for 2 days and I keep on thinking of the pain on the left side of my face.  I also read a lot of books about mediation for fun........and to help me fall asleep.  Anyways expert mediators are supposed to be able to handle higher levels of pain than us non experts.  They learn to be curious about their pain and make friends with their pain.  So I am trying to use days like today where I know I will have a dull pain all day to take a step back and be curious about it.  

Another thing that is on my mind is that I have to write everything down to make sure I remember it.  I have not kept up my to do list the last couple of days and it makes me feel disorganized and that I am constantly forgetting something.  Speaking of which I forgot to post Digital Friday until this morning.  It was something I forgot to write down and it just slipped my mind.  

The English teacher part of me is pained by how disorganized this post is.  There is no theme and I just ended the last sentence with a verb!  But the point is not perfection.  The point is to become comfortable with your inner voice and your writing voice becoming one. 

 I really wish you could make some posts private without making a separate blog.   I guess that defeats the point of blogging?  Blogging is something people do to share their ideas with the internet so by its nature it is public, but where is the space for private thoughts when the format of a blog is more comfortable?  

Word Count: 302

No comments:

Post a Comment