Friday, September 6, 2019

Week # 4: It's all about the plot

So far in my book, Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, the plot is going slow but I feel like it is going fast.  At this point I think over six Osage Indians have been murdered.  A few were shot in the head, two were blown up in their house, and some were poisoned.  There are some vivid gory details explaining the state of the bodies, which made me second guess reading this before falling asleep.  Despite the gore, I have been nightmare free so I will probably continue to read this before bed.  

The plot itself is slow because there is not much progressing on the case itself other than Tom White, a former Texas Ranger, was put in charge by the F.B.I.  The last 40 pages or so have been about the history of Tom White.  Tom's life is so interesting and full of action that it feels like the book's plot is progressing when it is not.  Tom's dad was the sheriff of Austin, Texas and their house was literally attached to the jail.  Tom witnessed a lot of action in his childhood, including his first hanging at the age of 11 (I think).  Tom's  but I am learning so much about Tom White and his background that it feels like the plot is going faster than in reality.  

Word Count: 232

No comments:

Post a Comment